Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Oh the highs and lows

So I got a call today from an old customer. I did his whole house, now he wants me to do his new office. YAY! I was so happy.

Ah...but then. Boss lady came to me and said that she and boss man are kicking around the idea of us taking a half a day during the week that we work on Saturday. And what does that mean? NO OVERTIME! I need that overtime! It is part of my budget and helps pay the bills.

I cried.

She said it isn't set, just an idea. I told her how screwed I would be.

Through that little chat with her I have the distinct feeling that we aren't getting a Christmas bonus this year. Which means I have no idea how I am going to get Christmas gifts.

I begged her to let me know ahead of time if I was going to be laid off so I could start looking for another job. She said that they hadn't really discussed that. That IF they had to lay someone off, they don't know who it would be. I say...how can it be me? There are only 2 of us on the payroll. I have been here the longest, I am their direct support for everything and I CAN design kitchens if I have to. I am just not good enough. If they do lay me off before the other girl, I can't imagine our relationship ever recovering from it.

No comments: